Photos of this Trip
(MACHU PICCHU RESERVATIONS Travel Agency)
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAWKA – HUCHUYQOSQO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- OVERNIGHT: At the hotel in Agua Calientes
- TRANSFER: From Lamay to Ollantaytambo included
- TRAIN: From Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes included
We left Cusco at 5 am in the morning by car to the community of Tawka, about 45 minutes by car to the trailhead. We starte our hike to the Huchuyqosqo pass which is at 4200 mt / 13779 ml. The trail from Tawka to the summit is an original Inca trail that connected the villages of Chinqhero with the Sacred Valley of the Inca and cross the residence of Wiracocha Inca that was considered a place of royalty. After the summit you start to descend for about an hour through a canyon made by the small river which has also diferent type of andean flora and fauna and the opportunity to see Alpacas and Llamas once in the archaeological site of Huchuyqosqo you will have enough time to explore and have the due explanation from the tour guide. Also you will enjoy a picnic lunch in the area with an amazing views of the Inca site and the mountains of Vilcanota Mountain range then we start the last part of the descent to the Sacred Valley exactly towards Lamay a small town from where a car will pick us up to take us to Ollantytambo train station from there we will take a train to the village of Aguas Calietes town where we will have dinner and spend the night to visit Machu Picchu the next day.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- HIKING DISTANCE: 4 km / 2 ml
- HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 2450 m / 7360 ft
- TOUR DURATION: 7 – 8 hours
- MEALS: Breakfast and lunch
- BACK TO CUSCO: By train
Most of the people who visist mahupicchu are the people who take train and to get there, of course the most importat reason for them is to know Machupicchu. But in your case after you did the lares trek you will not just know Machu Picchu you will understand and feel deeply the meaning of the Inca civilizations.
After breakfast early in the mornig w ego to take the bus uf to Machu Picchu, bus takes about 25 minutes approximately to the main entrace of Machu Picchu. The point is to arrive at 6:00 a.m to Machupicchu in order to see it almost without people and enjoy the sunrise. After 20 to 30 minutes you will have a guided tour service for about 2:30 hours in Machupicchu then we will leave you free to explore the lost city of the Incas. Then if you wish you can go to the sun gate or to the Inca bridge.
If you booked in advance the tickets for Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountains you can climb. after you done all the activityes we return to Aguas Calientes town by bus to have a delicious lunch. In the afternoon You will take a train back to Cusco then we take you by car to your hotel.
- ORIENTATIONS / BRIEFING: A day or days before to start lares trek you will meet at our office in cusco with the group and also with the tour leader who will cleary up any questions that you may have before starting the tour
- DOOR TO DOOR SERVICE: to start the trip we pick you up from any place o hotel that you are in CUSCO and at the end of the tour we get you back to the same place. More info.
- TOUR GUIDE: A professional englist speaking trekking tour guide expert in lares trek and Machupicchu.
- TRANSPORTATIONS: All the transpotarions which required to complete the whole lares trek is cover by the company from the beginning to the end.
- ENTRANCE TICKETS TO THE PARK: entrance ticket to Inca Trail (permission to do the Inca Trail) + entrance ticket to Machu Picchu to explore the inca citadel
- TRAIN TICKET: A luxury expeditions train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- BUS TICKET: After visiting machu picchu you catch a bus down to aguas calientes town 25 minutes ride.
- PROFESSIONAL CREW OF COOKS AND PORTERS: In charge to make the meal along the trail and also to carry all the necessary equipment to do the inca trail successfully.
- 4 Healthy and energetic breakfasts
- 4 Delicious nutritious lunches
- 3 Dinners at the campsite
- Special diets such as Vegetarians, vegans available upon request with no extra charge
- Snacks during the trek
- WATER: Drinking water to refill your water bottles at each place where we stop for meals and hot water for washing face, hands at the campsites...etc
- WAKE UP HOT DRINK: Every morning at the wake up time one of the cooking crews will bring to your tent a cup of hot coca tea or coffee.
- ALL CAMPING EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: Including sleeping inflatable pads, a dining tent, kitchen tent and toilet tent.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND FIRST AID: Emergency oxygen assistance, first aid kit, radio communication, etc
- FREE STORAGE: you can let your extra belongings at our office in Cusco while you are doing the lares trek after your trek you can pick it up or we can delivery to your hotel in cusco.
- High professional service and support while you enjoy the adventure with us
- Travel insurance
- Extra leisure expenses
- Gratuities to the support crew
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK PACKING LIST
- A backpack
- Sun hat
- A mid weight sweater
- A longsleeve t-shirt
- 1 – 2 t-shirts
- A lightweight suater or vest
- A pair of long pants
- Hiking shoes
- An extra pair of shoes
- 2 – 3 pairs wool socks
- A jacket
- A small towel
- Rain gear
- 1 – 2 pair shorts
- A small headlamp
- A toothbrust and other personal toiletries
- Toilet paiper
- Sun cream
- Insect repelent
DOCUMENTS TO CARRY WITH YOU
- Original Passports
- Immigration card
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount)